If you are aspiring for higher education abroad then a scholarship would certainly help you financially. For Indian students that are hopeful to go abroad, the Government of India has tied up with numerous countries to initiate regular exchange of students and professionals. A lot of private companies also provide scholarships to enterprising students and young professionals. Some of the more popular scholarships are the –
Name of Scholarships and Type:
- Mariwala Trust- Loan scholarships.
- K C Mahindra Scholarship Trust- Scholarships for school students as well as for higher studies overseas
- I T C Scholarships- Scholarships.
- Singapore International Airlines - Youth Scholarships- Scholarships for completing plus 2 education in Singapore
- Ministry of Human Resource Development (Deptt. of Education)
External Scholarships Division
This department co-ordinates a large number of international scholarships in specialised and in general areas that are offered to Indians by governments of other countries and by the Commonwealth.
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore- Partial scholarships for higher studies in engineering / computers.
- Sahu Jain Trust- Loan scholarships.
- Nehru Trust for Cambridge University- Scholarships for higher studies at Cambridge University.
- J N Tata Endowment- Loan scholarships.
- Inlaks Foundation- Full scholarships.
- Rhodes Scholarship Selection Committee for India- Higher studies at Oxford
- R D Sethna Scholarship Fund: Loan Scholarships.
- The Hindu-Hitachi Scholarships- Loan Scholarship for 6 months study in Japan
- J.N.Tata Scholarships- Gift/loan scholarships.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarships- Loan Scholarship
- Canadian Studies Fellowships: Grant
- Fulbright fellowships-Scholarships
- Rotary Foundation Scholarships-Scholarships
- Advanced training in sports scholarships- Scholarships
- University teachers scholarship-Scholarships
- SARC fellowship/Scholarship/ Masters Degree in SARC countries- Grant/scholarships
There are other Private organizations that offer scholarships for Study abroad.
- The lotus trust scholarship
- The Apex Life Scholarships
- ITC Education Trust Scholarships
- K. C. Mahindra Scholarships
- Sh. Lalbhai Dalpatbhai Loan Scholarships
- B.D. Goenka Foundation
- Chalkaranji educational endowment scholarships for (Marathi Candidates only)
- India foundation scholarships
- Priojshah Godrej foundation Scholarship
- N.A.F. Foundation Scholarships
- Vasketu Foundation Scholarships
- Time & Talents club scholarships
- Seth Purushothamdas Thakurdas trust's scholarship
- G.S.B Foreign education society scholarships
- Hinduja foundation scholarshipsAnand charitable trust scholarships
Scholarships are also provided by the countries you desire to study such as United Kingdom awards scholarships and Bursaries to commonwealth countries. Overseas Universities also have their own scholarships and Grants awarded on the basis of Merit.
For more information on Scholarships and how to apply , please contact Ednet.