Best Singapore Education Consultants in Delhi
Why should you study in Singapore?
- Singapore has a strong and well-reputed educational infrastructure, and its Education System ranks fourth among the World’s Best Education Systems.
- A hub for educational excellence, Singapore offers students an international perspective and diversity of options.
- Tuition fees are affordable and the cost of living is still significantly lower than in many developed countries.
- Government and private scholarships are available for academically brilliant students.
- Singapore has a stable economy, reputable financial center, key regional trading center, the world’s busiest port, and offers a high quality of life and excellent global networking opportunities.
- Well connected via sea, air, and telecommunication to all parts of the world, Singapore is fairly close to India, encouraging students to visit home during every academic break.
- Singapore has been named as Garden City because the streets are lined with trees. There are so many green parks designed all around the island. The city is very clean and has strict punishments for people who litter around.
- Singapore has amazing sea weather. With lots of sunshine and random showers throughout the year, the weather in Singapore is quite consistent.
- With extremely strict laws, Singapore has a very low crime rate. City streets and public transportation are completely secure for commuters.
All these factors add to its charm, thereby making study in Singapore a viable option for most Indian students.
It is located in Southeastern Asia, islands between Malaysia and Indonesia.
Singapore’s climate is characterized by uniform temperature and pressure, high humidity and abundant rainfall. The average temperature is between 25 degrees Celsius and 31 degrees Celsius.
Two distinct monsoon seasons: the Northeastern monsoon is from December to March and Southwestern monsoon from June to September. Inter-monsoon- frequent afternoon and early evening thunderstorms
As on 15/03/2018 Singapore Dollar (SGD) or 1 S$= 49.56INR
Structure of Education in Singapore
The complete control and management of Singapore’s education is in the hands of Ministry of Education (MOE). The entire education system of Singapore is broadly classified into following educational stages:
UNIVERSITY LEVEL STUDIES
Study in Singapore:
University Level First Stage: Bachelor’s Degree
Admission to first degree courses is on the basis of Singapore-Cambridge GCE A-Level, Polytechnic results or other examinations of equivalent standing.
- Duration: 3 to 5 years, depending on the subject. A bachelor degree in Dentistry, Law, Engineering, Real Estate, Architecture, and Music is of four years, while Medicine requires five years of study.
University Level Second Stage: Postgraduate Degree
Candidates for a Master’s by research must hold Honours degree and submit a dissertation. The minimum entrance qualification for a Master’s by coursework and dissertation is a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- Duration: 1 to 2 years
- Completed following: Bachelor’s degree
University Level Third Stage: Doctoral Degree
The Doctorate in Business needs a combination of coursework and dissertation. The Doctor of Letters, Doctor of Laws and Doctor of Science is granted on the basis of published work.
- Duration: 2 to 5 years
- Complete following: Master’s degree
Universities and Colleges
- National University of Singapore
- Nanyang Technological University
- Singapore Management University
- Singapore University of Technology and Design
- Singapore Institute of Technology
- Singapore University of Social Sciences
- National Institute of Education
- Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music
- Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
- Duke-NUS Medical School
- S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies
- Yale-NUS College
- Singapore-MIT Alliance
- Wharton–SMU Research Center
- German Institute of Science and Technology
- NTU-SJTU Joint EMBA Programme
- Singapore Stanford Partnership
- The Logistics Institute – Asia Pacific
- Singapore Polytechnic
- Ngee Ann Polytechnic
- Temasek Polytechnic
- Nanyang Polytechnic
- Republic Polytechnic
- Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts
- LASALLE College of the Arts
- James Cook University Singapore
- Embry–Riddle Asia
- Rutgers Business School Asia Pacific
- University of Nevada Las Vegas Singapore
- Curtin University Singapore
- Temple University Singapore
- Cardiff Metropolitan University: Asia Campus
- Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh: Asia Campus
- INSEAD Asia Campus
- S P Jain School of Global Management, Singapore Campus
- ESSEC Business School, Asia Pacific Campus
- James Lind Institute
- DigiPen Institute of Technology, Singapore
- St. Gallen Institute of Management in Asia
The institutions listed below do not confer any undergraduate or graduate degrees; only the institutions’ partner universities are able to confer these degrees.
- PSB Academy
- Management Development Institute of Singapore
- Singapore Institute of Management(SIM Global Education)
- BMC International College
- SMa School of Management
- Marketing Institute of Singapore
- DIMENSIONS International College
- Stansfield College
- TMC Academy
- Informatics Academy
- EASB East Asia Institute of Management
- Kaplan Singapore
- Auston Institute
- Ngee Ann – Adelaide Education Centre
- Johns Hopkins in Singapore, Division of Biomedical Sciences(DJHS)
- ERC Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Management Leadership
- Melior International College
- International Executive Education Center
Our Singapore Students
Niharika ma'am, you have been a true guidance and support throughout the year. Thankful for all the efforts made by you and the Ednet team. And Reena ma'am thank you for always motivating me.
I was very confused in the beginning but after coming to Ednet and meeting Niharika Ma`am, I was able to make the right choice. The office staff too was extremely cooperative and helpful. It has been a pleasurable experience. I had a lot of queries and doubts which were cleared here. I took a few classes for TOEFL and SAT from Nishant Sir and he was exceptionally good. My only regret is that I should have taken classes from him earlier!
Though very unsure about myself and future, I stepped into Ednet with thousand questions in my mind and million doubts that my parent had. Ednet staff took care of every step in the application process. They would never get tired of constantly reminding me of documents needed to proceed that I might have got careless about.
As I walked into Ednet, I was very unsure about my career and life but still quite optimistic as I had heard asome wonderful things about this place. It really is not just an office because the warm and casual atmosphere makes you feel like you've entered your own house.
EdNet Career Aptitude Test
Our proprietary, expertly constructed Career Test helps analyse your strengths and shortcomings, and recognizes the best career options for you. This self-analysis helps in determining the right course, in the right school, and in the right country.
Our internationally recognised counselors have over 100 years of combined experience, who have a 100% success rate for more than 2,500 students over the past 15 years.
Higher Acceptance Rates
Our transparent and vigorous procedure involves multiple checkpoints throughout your application session, with quality assurance and guaranteed results. We value your time, energy, and effort – which is why our work is always immaculate and pertinent. This means that we will ensure your hard work bears fruit.
A Passionate and Driven Team
The team of EdNet is well-known in our industry to be highly passionate and committed towards each student. Our team possesses the best of talent, knowledge, and skill-set. You will be in good hands.
We realise that each student is unique and so is his/her potential, passion,skills, and ambitions. Our target is clear – to lead you to the school best fit for you. Our services are thus custom-made, dynamic, and streamlined.
When you join the EdNet family, you become a member of our organization. We have garnered an impeccable reputation for providing the finest personalized services to students across the nation! Our team works tirelessly round the clock to make sure that each college application is unique, and that we showcase your strongest attributes to your dream school.
Our Tested and Trusted 8-Step Process
EdNet’s Proprietary Career Assessment Test
We help you identify your strengths and shortcomings and come up with tailor-made career options, best-suited for you!
Our unbiased and adroit counseling ensures that we find the best universities and courses for you, basis your aptitude, course eligibility criterion, and ascope for the most rewarding experiences.
Plan of Action/Goal Setting
A customized planner is crafted by our team for each student, with deadlines and composition requirements for each step of the application process. This gives our students ample time to prepare a comprehensive and error-free application.
Create Your Unique Story
We work diligently with you to help you realize your career goals. Together, we create a clear roadmap that creatively documents and showcases your aspirations and aptitude.
Our proficient administration team relentlessly scrutinizes and reviews your application and ensures that a fool proof and accurate application reaches your dream school, well in time!
We’ll guide you and put you through a series of Mock Interviews to give you a real taste on how to crack your interviews. Our procedure and questions have been crystallized with years of experience through discussions with top alumni of diverse universities.
Forms, documents, visa, interviews – Relax! We are with you in every way right until you fly off to your dream school.
We provide our students with an interactive and thorough pre-departure counselling to familiarize them with what lies ahead – campus life, cultural integrations in a new country, educational policies, and what to expect from the journey ahead.
Frequently Asked Questions
As an Indian student, there are numerous advantages for students studying in Singapore. This includes the fact that Singapore uses English as the medium of instruction; Singapore’s culture and tradition are similar to that of India, and living costs are considerably low as compared to other countries.
Some of the top-ranked institutions to study in Singapore are the National University of Singapore, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore Management University, SIM University, and the Singapore University of Technology and Design.
Following are the necessary qualifications for an international student to study in Singapore in most universities:
At least 18 years of age by the commencement of the freshman academic year
A minimum of 12 years of formal education in a national/international examination that is recognized by the university
Applicants taking their respective examinations between January and May 2016 must submit/upload online their actual results within 3 working days after the results are declared.
With effect from 2016 admissions exercise, applicants are required to submit one of the following for consideration:
- SAT (previously known as SAT I or SAT Reasoning)
- ACT (American College Test), including the Writing Test
Most of the institutions at Singapore will require applicants to submit a proof of English language proficiency. This varies from course to course and institution to institution. Undergraduate programs mostly require IELTS score varying from 5.5 to 6.0 whereas postgraduate programs require an IELTS score ranging from 6.0 to 7.0. Students who are enrolled in the International Baccalaureate Program in high school are exempted from having to submit IELTS score.
A public university will be less costly as compared to a private university. The cost of the courses ranges between Rs.8 lacs to Rs.20 lacs and varies according to the duration of the course.
Select universities offer scholarships that may be adjusted against the course fees.
Most of the universities offer assured accommodation for first-year international students who apply on time. However, these places fill fast since there is a huge demand for university based accommodation. Apart from this, students can choose private student hostels or home-stay accommodation. It is advisable to finalize the accommodation before traveling to Singapore.
You have to approach Immigration and Checkpoint Authority within 2 weeks if you are already in Singapore. If you are not in Singapore, submit the application to ICA between 6 months and 2 months before the commencement of your course.
Yes, you require a visa to study in Singapore. It is called the Student’s Pass and will be available through application once you get a definite offer from a university.
Once your admission is confirmed at a university in Singapore, you should apply for a student’s pass at International Students Team and submit a form to them. The Immigration and Checkpoint Authority will process this form. The pass also avails students discounts on public transport and is very significant for international aspirants looking to study in Singapore.
As per laws framed by the Singapore Government, only those institutions, which are recognized by the Council for Private Education and accredited by EduTrust can admit international students to a program. So, please make sure that the institution you are applying for has an Edutrust certification.
Yes, you may work while you study in Singapore. However, before that, you need to get a permission letter from the International Study Centre to work during your stay in the country. One can work a maximum of 16 hours per week while being a part of an academic program in Singapore.
Post graduation you would need a work permit for which you will need a concrete job offer. Only graduates from an accredited Singapore Institute of Higher Learning are eligible to apply for the pass. Make sure you have your papers in place well before your current student social pass expires. If you secure a high paying job you will be eligible for an Employment Pass instead of a regular ‘S Pass.’ Both of these processes need to be initiated by your employer.